If you would like to submit your original, unpublished 800-1000 word essay for publication on our website, please read carefully and follow these guidelines.
Guidelines for submission:
- Be conversational and authentic in your essay. Tell us your story in your words. We are all friends here and are not expecting you to be the next Ernest Hemingway. Be real and honest and know that is enough.
- We reserve the right to edit your submission for grammar, punctuation, readability, and overall cohesiveness. If a large amount of editing is necessary, it will be returned to the author for revision.
- We will not accept any submissions that use profanity, racial slurs, or any other offensive language.
- If you are in a recovery program and want to write about your experiences with it, please respect that program’s rules and guidelines about its steps, anonymity, etc.
- Submission should be 800-1000 words. Submissions MUST be at least 800 words.
- Please do not submit previously published works. This includes pieces published on your own blog. Submissions must be written by you and be original to Christian Recovery Community.
- Christian Recovery Community will own and retain the rights to all works published our our website. You may share your piece on social media, your blog, etc. as long as you include the URL to your essay on our website and/or use our social media links.
- If you have any additional questions regarding submissions, please contact us.
NOTE: Submissions that do not meet these guidelines may not be considered for publication.
Please use the following as an example for the format to quote Scripture in your essay.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30 NIV
ALL scripture should be italicized without quotation marks. You may use any translation as long as the proper abbreviation is listed.